Friday 10 October 2014

Govs Orji, Okorocha Settle Political Differences At Wedding



Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha and his Abia State counterpart, Theodore Orji, mended fences yesterday as they wined and dined at the traditional marriage rite of Okorocha’s daughter to the secretary to the Imo State government, Anthony Anwuka.

It would be recalled the two governors of the neighbouring states have been at loggerheads over the controversial sacking of Imo indigenes in Abia civil service.

Although Orji, who is also the chairman of Southeast Governor’s Forum, immediately after his arrival went to his reserved seat close to Oyo State governor Abiola Ajimobi, political observers, were of the view that the visit has political significance, especially the plot by governors from the zone to prevail on Okorocha to drop his presidential ambition and endorse President Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election.

However, some other observers at the occasion dismissed any political undertone in Orji’s visit.

According to one of the observers who pleaded anonymity “Orji came in his capacity as the Chairman of the Southeast Governor’s Forum and it was not political. Abia and Imo are neigbouring states”

Okorocha in his speech shortly before handing the bride over to the groom, said, “I am happy that my colleagues are here, those who are my friends and those that give me headache. I am happy that my daughter’s marriage has made those that give me headache to seat by my side”.

Source: Stanley Uzoaru of Leadership Nigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment